Help us learn from your experiences!
We know that consumers are an essential part of our health research and innovation. That’s why we have established the IPAN Consumer Network as a way for Australians of all ages and backgrounds to share their lived experience to help us design, develop and deliver research that can be used in the real world.
- have or are at risk of an illness or health condition
- care or have cared for someone with an illness or health condition
- work in an area where IPAN research outcomes are delivered e.g. as a clinician, teacher, nurse, allied health professional, or
- have a general interest in contributing to research
We invite you to express your interest in joining the IPAN Consumer Network!
We're currently looking for people living in Australia of any age who are in good health OR who have experienced or are affected by the following:
- Adult men with prostate cancer and history of hormone treatment
- People with dementia or mild cognitive impairment and their primary carer
- People with high blood pressure
- People with heart disease (or their carers), including heart failure, atrial fibrillation or heart rhythm disorders, or with a history of coronary artery disease
- People using technologies or interested in using technologies to manage their health
- Parents with primary and/or secondary school-aged children
- People with type 2 diabetes.
If you're selected to join the IPAN Consumer Network, you will:
- Be matched to work alongside our researchers according to your lived experience and interests
- Gain new experiences and skills
- Become part of the IPAN community with invitations to special events and seminars
- Have access to Consumer Network online resources and training
- Receive updates on and acknowledgement for how your contribution is making a difference to research
Ways members of the Consumer Network get involved in research:
- Develop new project ideas
- Help to obtain funding by informing grant applications
- Provide advice on appropriate recruitment strategies for studies
- Review and comment on data collection methods such as questionnaires and patient information and consent forms
- Become a community researcher and assist in conducting interviews and surveys
- Interpret data from a consumer perspective and advise on key messages and recommendations arising from the research data
- Share research findings with the community
More details can be found in the Terms of Reference here.
Why become a Consumer Network member?
For our research to make a real difference we need to hear the diverse needs, ideas and experiences of everyday Australians. By bringing your lived experience, ideas and thoughts to the table, you can help us to ensure our research has benefits to those who need it the most.
How long can I be a Consumer Network member?
Initial membership is for a term of up to two years. This may be extended upon application or if you are involved in a long term project.
How much time is required to be a Consumer Network member?
The amount of time you want to contribute is up to you and depends on your personal circumstances. We will match your skills, knowledge and lived experience with opportunities to contribute to our research activities as they arise. You will be advised of the time commitments of each research activity to help you make an informed decision as to whether you want to get involved.