Post Doc Opportunities
We’re well-known for fostering the next generation of young researchers in a supportive and stimulating environment, and have a dedicated focus on mentoring early career researchers.
We work with strong candidates to help develop applications to relevant funding schemes. Some of these opportunities include:
- Deakin University Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. These two-year fellowships are for early-career researchers.
- Heart Foundation postdoctoral and future leader fellowships. The National Heart Foundation of Australia offers funding for postdoctoral positions relevant to cardiovascular disease up to 10 years post PhD.
- Australian Research Council (ARC) Fellowships. The ARC offers both Discovery Early Career Research Awards (DECRA) and Future Fellowships.
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Fellowships. The NHMRC offers a range of fellowship opportunities from early career through to senior fellowships.
- Endeavour Research Fellowships. These fellowships are administered by the Australian Government Department of Education, and provide funding support to non-Australian researchers from eligible countries to spend between four and six months in Australia.
- A number of international organisations offer postdoctoral funding for non-Australian researchers to spend time in Australia.